Technology & Data Expert - BG1121
78, RUE D'EICH, LUXEMBOURG LU1460, Luxembourg
HOSD develops, validates and applies, in clinical research, trials and practice, movement and activity-based methods and metrics for clinical outcome assessment, novel digital mobility biomarkers, patient stratification or as the basis for treatment modalities (e.g. exercise or physical activity interventions, rehabilitation) and patient engagement (e.g. coaching advise, patient-centred care, participatory medicine).
The Sportfabrik is a newly formed institution and facility dedicated primarily to deliver state-of-the-art services related to sports performance, sports medicine and research for the elite athletes of Luxembourg (and beyond).
The Sportfabrik operates gold standard and cutting edge technologies to assess athletic movements towards optimising performance, reducing injuries, efficiently rehabilitating the injured athletes and conducting scientific research related to it. HOSD and Sportfabrik operate in close collaboration on these goals, including for instance the generation and exploitation of a “Digital Biobank of Human Motion”.
In expansion of these activities, we are seeking a driven allround technology & data expert and team member.
· Select, install, maintain and service IT Hard- and Software equipment
· Operate, service, trouble-shoot motion capture equipment (optical systems, force plates, sensors, wearables, digital tools, etc.)
· Connect and network equipment with LIH/LIHPS IT infrastructure
Data security & privacy (ethics, GDPR, firewall, etc.):
· Setting up and managing secure and compliant digital data storage (personal, health, medical) and data exchange with partners (LIH, LIHPS) and their IT staff infrastructure and protocols
· Know, implement and monitor compliance with general and LIH specific data security protocols realising pragmatic and agile solutions.
· Realize and support digital data storage solutions accessible to big data analysis approaches (e.g.cloud based data lakes, federated database, access to machine learning)
· Preparing or supporting documentation related to the above such as procedures, manuals, ethic committee declarations, consent forms (e.g. GDPR), regulatory statements if required.
· Link and collaborate with the IT experts of LIH representing the specific needs of Sportfabrik, LIHPS and HOSD.
· Support or conduct (parts of) research projects such as
- Operating equipment )motion capture, wearables, apps, etc)
- Data analysis including e.g. programming signal analysis routines, data visualizations, etc.
- Co-developing or customising algorithms, applications or digital research tools (app., web. etc.)
- Involvement in exploiting big data analysis efforts such as the implementation of ML/AI approaches
- Supporting efforts towards applying computer vision techniques towards pose estimation and motion capture based on open source ML/AI tools
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· MSc/BSc in related area (e.g. engineering, informatics, data science, movement science) or equivalent qualifications or evident experiences
· At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to key accountabilities.
· Good knowledge of IT Project Management principles, methods and practices.
· Experience with installing and maintaining IT Hard- and Software equipment, ideally also with measurement technologies such as used in human motion capture
· Know-how in networking equipment (measurement devices, PC) and secure digital databases, data storage, transfer and exchange
· Practice with or strong interest in data and signal analysis and visualization, in particular related to human movement and athletic performance
· Programming skills to create or adapt pieces of code or algorithms in the context above (e.g. Python, MatLab or others)
· Knowledge or interest in movement analysis, athletic performance and research, including ambitions related to digital and big data approaches (e.g. machine learning, computer vision, app developments)
· Curiosity, open mind and flexibility to join an enthusiastic team and support the future developments of Sportfabrik in its agility to the evolving demands and opportunities.
· Fluency in English plus one of the main languages in Luxembourg
- Contract type: 2-year fixed-term contract
- Work hours: Full time
- Location: Clinique d'Eich
- Start date: February 2022
- Ref: VD/TDE1121/BG/HOSD
How to apply
Applications including a cover letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent before 31 December 2021 through our website via the apply button below. Please apply ONLINE formally through this web page. Applications by email will not be considered.