Internship in Health Data Science/Bioinformatics/Biostatistics - Locovclust Project - GF0921
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
With the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic, emerging evidence indicates that patients who have survived the initial infection are experiencing a long-term, heterogeneous spectrum of symptoms that persist for several months, so-called Long Covid. The most frequent symptoms include fatigue, anxiety, headaches, muscle pain, shortness of breath, and cognitive impairment. People with Long Covid are followed in the Predi-COVID cohort study to better understand the diversity of the Long Covid profiles and their dynamics.
The project aims at identifying clusters of people with Long Covid based on a large set of clinical, epidemiological, and biological features from the large prospective Predi-COVID cohort study. This project is part of the CoVaLux initiative in Luxembourg.
Training and research environment
The intern will be supervised by Dr. Guy
Fagherazzi, (“Deep Digital Phenotyping Research Unit” from the Department of Population Health. The Master’s
student will directly contribute to the research effort on Covid-19 in Luxembourg.
He/she will lead a project on clustering analysis of a large dataset from the
Predi-COVID study to identify clinically relevant subgroups of people with Long
Covid. He/She will have to take charge of the literature review, the
pre-processing of the data, the data analysis, and the preparation of a
This internship position may lead to a PhD opportunity in epidemiology or biostatistics.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Master level in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or equivalent required.
● Flexibility, adaptability, autonomy
● Ability to work with different profiles and people from different experiences and cultural backgrounds
● Language skills: Fluency in French and English is an asset, with written skills in both languages. Any other language in use in Luxembourg would also be an asset.
Guy Fagherazzi, PhD
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison
What we offer and conditions
- Students will have the opportunity to work in an interactive and international scientific environment, attend conferences by eminent scientists from abroad, and present their own work during lab meetings.
- They will receive training in digital epidemiology research and data science and will have the opportunity to gain skills in data analysis, AI methods applied to audio data.
- A compensation of 660,58€/month will be paid.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a Master program and the internship should be a mandatory part of the diploma.
- Students from abroad can apply for an Erasmus grant.
- Contract type: 6-month fixed-term contract
- Work hours: Full time- 40h/week
- Location: Luxembourg
- Start date: According to your availabilities
- Ref: JF/INTVLOCOVCLUST0921/GF/DDP