Clinical Data Manager - MVRK1221
1A-B, rue Thomas Edison, Strassen L-1445, Luxembourg
The Clinical Data Manager will join the LIH’s Competence Center for Methodology and Statistics (CCMS) and will work on Translational Transversal Medicine programs such as national CON-VINCE and H2020-funded ORCHESTRA studies in close contact with the project partners from the University of Luxembourg.
Within the clinical research hub of the Department of Population Health, the CCMS provides methodological support in statistical planning as well as analysis & data handling for various laboratories and research groups. It also offers training in statistics and support in writing papers.
To support the team in Translational and Transversal Medicine projects, we are looking for a Clinical Data Manager who will be responsible for tracking the flow of all multiscale data within research projects, setting up pseudonymization, defining interoperability, handling the data management, supervising the data entry and performing the programming of edit checks to control the data of various projects. S/he will also guarantee the regulation, quality, confidentiality and security of the data.
- Communicate with consortium partners to enable a smooth data flow throughout the project and data processing according to the statistical analysis plan defined by the statistician and the researcher.
- Participate in the drafting and update of documents linked to the data management such as the CodeBook, the data management plan which defines the consistency edit checks, their monitoring and the stemming queries as well as the data transfer protocol.
- Work on databases for GDPR compliant identification and follow-up of study participants.
- Participate in initiatives to set up interoperability between data management systems, centralization of omics and clinical study data and/or federated data systems
- Process the project data: supervise the data input, control its quality, clean up and check for data errors and make the first comments
- Perform the programming of edit checks to control the data and manage the queries.
- Participate in documenting project files in the record management system.
- Participate in the proofreading of reports.
- Manage files according to Luxembourg Institute of Health instructions and ensure the traceability of all the work carried out.
- Participate in the operational committees, steering committees, multidisciplinary working groups and other meetings of the projects.
- Participate in the preparation of presentations for congresses.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master-level diploma with a specialization in Clinical Data Management
- Min. 3 years of experience in Clinical Data Management
- Experience in management of omics data, big data and interoperability of systems
- Good organizational and relational skills, precision, ability to manage an important workload and to respect deadlines.
- IT skills: SAS, SPSS, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, IE, Capture system, MS-Access, Clinsight, Epidata, LimeSurvey
- Language skills: fluent command of English
- Contract type: 2-year fixed-term contract
- Work hours: Full time
- Location: Strassen (Luxembourg)
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Ref: VD/CDM1221/MVRK/CCMS